This Rustic Canadian Thinblue Line Challenge Coin Display Case is great for those of you with a large coin collection who are looking to house their coins on a stylish piece of art!
Alright so how do we make it, you may ask ?
We start off by heading on over to our local Windsor Plywood and hand select the finest poplar hobby boards. We are very picky on which boards we choose to take home because quality means everything to us. Once we've cut our wood to the specific dimensions, it is torched using the "Shou Sugi Ban" technique. After we've carefully surface charred all of the wood (and usually torch our fingers in the process), it's off to our CNC machine to create the channels on the shelves which will now hold your challenge coins.
Our last step is staining the backdrop and shelves which is done with great detail and precision to ensure none of the stain "bleeds" through. These lines we stain are crisp and perfect in every way! Once these display cases are put together, we add a clear coated polyurethane to seal it off which ensures a long shelf life. Now it's off to their shipping box and away to their new home.
What important decisions do you have to make in all of this?
Size (because yes, size really does matter) and;
Personalized quotes and/or badge/reg #'s and any other custom engravings you want.
This display comes standard with a 7" x 7" maple leaf in the center of the display but it can be changed to a Police Crest or any other logo for a $10 fee. Please note that when you change from a maple leaft to a police crest/logo, the size of the police crest will be 3''x3''. If you wish to have a police crest/logo over the maple leaf, please select the "Police Crest/logo" option at check out and be sure to let us know which police crest or logo you want in the center of the display.
- 25'' W x 18'' H x .75'' D (Houses an estimated 50-60 challenge coins)
- 35" W x 24'' H x .75'' D (Houses an estimated 90-100 challenge coins)
The display you purchase may vary due to the nature of the natural wood (knots, grains, etc).
This display comes with two picture hooks installed on the back of the display to make hanging the display easier.
Police Crest on Challenge Coin Display’s
- At present we have authorization to use 100 + Policing/Law Enforcement Agencies crests from across Canada. To view our full list of approved crests, please visit section 20 of our Policies/FAQ page
- Must be an active or retired member of the crest you are wanting engraved
- You must not change or alter any of my displays pertaining the crests themselves
- You will not be able to purchase a display with a policing crest or logo on it if you are or were not a part of that agency.
- Resale of my displays with policing crests on them is prohibited.